Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Chocolate And Caramel Cake
This exquisite Chocolate and Caramel Cake is a definite showstopper!
For the cake:
- 225g plain flour
- 350g golden caster sugar
- 85g cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 2 large free range eggs
- 250ml milk
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml boiling water
For the icing:
- 350g soft butter
- 350g icing sugar
- 300g caramel sauce
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC Fan. Grease and line two 20cm removable bottom cake tins.
- For the cake, place all of the cake ingredients (except the boiling water) into a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer beat the mixture until smooth and well combined.
- Add the boiling water to the mixture, a little at a time, and mix in until smooth.
- Divide the cake mixture between the cake tins and bake in the oven for 25–35 minutes, or until the top of the cake is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely whilst they are still in the tins.
- For the icing, beat the butter using the Desire Hand Mixer until light and fluffy (approx. 5-8 minutes). Beat in the icing sugar, a little at a time. Once the butter and sugar are fully combined beat in the caramel sauce.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)