Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Italian Herb Bread
Get a taste of Italy with this Italian Herb Bread which is easy to make and perfect with any pasta dish.
- 575g strong white bread flour
- 1 sachet active dried yeast (about 2½ tsp)
- 290ml lukewarm water (30°-35°C)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp mixed dried herbs
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Makes a 1kg/2lb loaf)
- Mix the water, oil, sugar, salt and yeast in a jug, and leave for 5 minutes.
- Put the flour and dried herbs in the bowl. With a hand mixer, select speed 1 and gradually add the liquid, then increase speed to 2 and mix for 5 minutes.
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover and leave in a warm place till doubled in size (20-30 minutes).
- Put on a floured surface, knead gently to knock out the air, then shape, put on a baking sheet, and leave in a warm, dry place till doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/gas 6 for 25 minutes or till golden brown and hollow sounding on the bottom.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)