Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Quick Mid-week Curry
This curry recipe is packed full of flavour and can be ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch peeled ginger
- 1 chopped red chilli (If preferred, you can make it hotter by adding more chillies)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g chopped skinless boneless chicken
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 6 tbsp low fat yogurt
- Handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped or torn to serve
Method (click to mark as completed)
- To create a paste, put the garlic, ginger, chilli and garam masala into your Russell Hobbs blender. Blend until you have a rough paste.
- Cover the chicken generously with the paste and put to one side to marinade.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onion and fry until browned.
- Add the chicken to the pan and pan fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and reduce the heat to simmer for 10 minutes and stir in the yoghurt a tablespoonful at a time.
- Serve with warm garlic and coriander naans or rice and sprinkle with coriander to finish.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)