Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Church Window Biscuits
This church window biscuits make a yummy treat or even a Christmas tree decoration.
- 175g (6oz) butter, softened
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- About 20 boiled sweets (in different colours)
- Christmas shape cutters
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Preheat your over to 160°C and line two baking sheets with grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar and butter and beat together until smooth. Add the flour and then knead together by hand.
- Lightly flour a smooth surface and roll out the dough.
- Using your Christmas shaped cutters, cut out each large shape and then use a smaller cutter to cut our a middle section of the biscuits and then place on the baking tray.
- Separate the boiled sweets into their colours and place them in zip lock bags. Crush the sweets using a rolling pin until they are finely smashed and then sprinkle these grains in the centre of the dough.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden and the sweets have melted into their shapes.
- Leave to cool and then hang on your Christmas tree.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)