Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Pear And Salted Caramel Tart
Oozing with soft, golden salted caramel, this pear tart is the perfect combination of fruit, pastry and delicious caramel.
- 3 pears
- 120g caster sugar
- 40g salted butter
- ¼ tsp Maldon sea salt
- Pre rolled puff pastry
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Peel the pears and cut into quarters, cut the core out of each piece.
- Take an oven-safe frying pan approximately 21 cm in diameter, put on the heat and add the sugar. Heat until the sugar starts to caramelise and turn a golden brown colour, stir with a wooden spoon until all the sugar has caramelised. Add the butter and whisk until it comes together to form a caramel.
- Add the pears to the pan and mix well, cook for approximately 5-6 minutes until the pears soften, take off the heat and leave to cool.
- Cut a disk from the pre rolled puff pastry, approximately 24 cm in diameter, lay over the cooled pears and tuck the edges into the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes in the oven. Cool slightly. Remove from the pan by flipping over the tart onto a plate, serve with vanilla ice cream or double cream.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)