Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Ever made a Christmas pizza? Well now you can…
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) warm water
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp (7g sachet) yeast
- 4 cups (600g) plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 250g shredded pizza cheese
- 1 carrot
- 28 black olives
Method (click to mark as completed)
- In a large bowl, combine together the water, honey and yeast. Once fully mixed, set aside for approximately 10 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer, combine the flour and salt and then add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Knead this for approximately 10 minutes or until the dough is soft. Place in a bowl and cover with a cloth for 1 hour to proove.
- Preheat your oven to 250°C and then transfer your dough to a floured surface.
- Divide the mixture into four servings. Working on one piece of dough at a time, divide the mixture in half, and then again. Roll the 3 balls of mixture out and then cut them into 3 different sized circles.
- Place the largest circle on the bottom of a grease proof baking tray and then the medium section of dough should overlap the largest circle. Place the smallest circle at the top for the head.
- Gently spread the tomatoes sauce over the dough and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the carrot piece on the smallest circle for the nose.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the base is fully cooked.
- Decorate with olives for eyes!
Completed steps (click to remove last step)