Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Wild Mushroom Risotto Balls With Mozzarella
A tasty ball filled with mushrooms and risotto rice - these make a great starter served with rocket and balsamic vinegar.
- 70g Arborio rice
- 10ml olive oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 20g parmesan, grated
- ½ bunch fresh parsley
- 125g wild mushrooms, cut into small pieces
- ½ mozzarella ball
- 80g butter, diced
- 350ml vegetable stock
- Seasoned flour
- 2 large free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 85g breadcrumbs
Method (click to mark as completed)
Makes approx. 10
- In a pan of boiling water cook the rice for 6 minutes, drain, run under cold water and set aside.
- In a separate clean pan heat the oil and add the onion, cook for 2-3 minutes, add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir. Stir in the butter and stock and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to allow the rice to simmer until cooked through. Stir in the parmesan and parsley and put on a flat tray and leave to cool completely. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide the rice into 10 equal quantities and with a piece of mozzarella in the middle roll into balls. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Put the seasoned flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Take each ball and dust it in the flour, then in the egg and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Cook in a fryer at 170C until golden brown.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)