Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Crispy Pork Fritter With Chilli Crème Fraiche
A succulent and crispy pork fritter with an extra kick of flavour.
- 6 x 200 – 250g pork loin steaks
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- 200g breadcrumbs
- Seasoned flour
- 3 free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g crème fraiche
- 2g chilli powder
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- Salt and cracked black pepper
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Lightly beat the pork steaks with a meat hammer until they are about half of their original thickness.
- Put the seasoned flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs mixed with the parmesan into three separate bowls. Dip a steak into the flour and pat off the excess. Then dip it into the egg, then into the breadcrumb/parmesan. Do this with each steak.
- Preheat the grill to setting 5. Once heated, brush with a little oil and place the fritters onto the plate. Cook each side for about 10 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- To make the chilli crème fraiche, mix the crème fraiche, chilli powder, lemon and seasoning together in a bowl.
Chef's Tip: For a fresh and light lunch serve with a potato salad.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)