Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Mackerel, Tomato And Basil
A simple but flavoursome dish.
- 6 mackerel fillets / 3 whole mackerel
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 80g tomato puree
- 5g paprika
- 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method (click to mark as completed)
For the tomato sauce:
- Put all of ingredients (except the basil) into the slow cooker pot and cook on the highest setting for 4-5 hours. Stir in the basil leaves just before serving the sauce with the mackerel.
For the mackerel:
- Preheat the grill to setting 5. Once heated, rub the mackerel with a little oil, season and place it onto the flat part of the grill, skin side down. If it is a whole fish turn over once the skin starts to be crisp. Cook until the fish starts to flake apart.
Chef’s Tip: Serve with our delicious Saffron rice for a quick evening meal.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)