Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Parsley Potato Gnocchi
A simple and speedy alternative to pasta, but just as filling.
- 300g cooked potatoes
- 1 free range egg
- 75g ‘00’ grade flour
- ½ bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Put the cooked, cooled potatoes in a bowl and mix in the egg and seasoning. Add the flour and mix being careful not to over mix. Stir in the parsley.
- Sprinkle some flour onto the worktop and take the gnocchi dough out of the bowl. Divide the dough into four equal pieces. Roll each piece into a cylinder about 1 cm in diameter. Cut the cylinders into 1cm pieces then roll each piece into a ball. Place each ball on the back of a fork and apply a little pressure then roll one end to meet the other to form the gnocchi.
- Place the gnocchi onto baking paper cut to fit the steamer basket and steam them for 3-4 minutes. Once cooked put them into iced water.
- To serve, pre-heat the grill, brush the plates with a little oil and brown the gnocchi on each side.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)