Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Our recipe for the classic British Scone. Whether you put your cream or jam on first, these will always be delicious!
- 350g self raising flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 90g butter, cubed and fridge cold
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 170ml milk plus a little extra for the top
Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
To serve: jam and clotted cream
- Pre heat an oven to 200ºC.
- Place the flour, salt, baking powder and butter into the food processor bowl. Blend until a breadcrumb texture is formed.
- Then add the sugar and gently pulse until combined.
- Add the milk and again pulse until the dough starts to come together. Remove the mixture from the food processor bowl onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead the dough and then roll out to approx. 3 cm thick.
- Using a pastry cutter cut, out rings making sure to tap the cutter sharply through the dough. Re roll any trimmings and cut out with the cutter.
- Place the scones on a lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack, leave to cool slightly then serve with jam and clotted cream.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)