Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Beer Battered Fish
Beer battered and cooked in the deepfryer for the ultimate crispy, light coating and juicy, flaky fish - this recipe will definitely have you ditching the takeaway and making your favourite dish at home.
- 1 can of beer
- 150g self raising flour
- 150g plain flour
- 500g cod fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Mix the beer, self raising flour, salt and pepper to form the batter. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Cut the fish into 2cm wide fillets.
- Preheat the oil in the deep fryer to 160°C.
- Coat each fillet with plain flour, dip it into the batter. Place fillets into the deep fryer basket and cook for 3 minutes or until they are cooked through. Time may vary slightly depending on thickness.
- When cooked, tilt basket for a few minutes to drain.
- Serve at once on warmed plates with lemon and a tartare sauce.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)