Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Healthy Fish Fingers With Lemony Mayo
A kid's favourite made healthy, these home-made fish fingers are delicious and easy to make.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 85g white breadcrumbs
- Zest & juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano, thyme or basil
- Olive oil
- 400g skinless cod, sliced into 12 strips
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 140g frozen peas, cooked and cooled
- 100g baby spinach
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Add the lemon zest & oregano to the breadcrumbs and season with salt & pepper then pour the breadcrumbs onto a plate.
- Crack the egg onto a separate shallow plate and lightly beat.
- Brush a non-stick baking sheet with oil. Dip the fish strips into the egg, and then roll them in the breadcrumbs and transfer to the baking sheet
- Bake the fish fingers for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Whilst the fish fingers are cooking, mix the mayo with a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss the spinach leaves and peas with a squeeze lemon juice and add a dash of oil.
- Serve the fish fingers with the spinach and peas and a spoonful of the lemony mayo
Completed steps (click to remove last step)