Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
This recipe utilises a slow cooker to achieve the ultimate tender beef for this stew. Easy to prepare and minimal effort required, this recipe will allow you to mingle with your dinner party guests while the food takes care of itself!
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1½kg of beef, cubed
- 500ml beef stock
- 1 can (400g) of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp whole black peppercorns
- 260g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Serves 6)
- In a large frypan, brown the beef over a high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat the slow cooker for 20 minutes on HIGH.
- Layer carrots, potatoes and onions in the bottom of the slow cooker's ceramic bowl. Then top with beef, bay leaf, and black peppercorns.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the stock, tomatoes, and thyme. Pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 7-8 hours on LOW.
- Stir in the peas 15 to 20 minutes before serving and cook on HIGH.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, stir in the parsley and remove bay leaf before serving.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)