Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Rosemary And Garlic Roasted Lamb Leg
This traditional spring dish makes a delicious family feast with minimal effort.
- 4 large all-purpose potatoes, peeled, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 2kg trimmed, boneless leg of lamb, tied
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125ml vegetable stock
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Serves 6)
- Preheat the slow cooker for 20 minutes on HIGH.
- Layer the potatoes and red onion in the bottom of the slow cooker ceramic bowl.
- In a small bowl, mash the salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary together with a fork to form a paste. Rub all over the lamb.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over a high heat and brown lamb on all sides. You can also do this using your removable searing pot if your slow cooker has one.
- Put browned lamb in the ceramic bowl on top of the potatoes and pour the stock over the meat.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on HIGH or 9-10 hours on LOW.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)