Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Trick or treat? Treat, for sure! A creamy, spicy and healthy recipe idea for Hallowe'en.
- 900g pumpkin
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 900ml chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp single cream/crème fraiche
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Serves 4)
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds, and cut the flesh into chunks, roughly chop the coriander.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the leeks, garlic and spices, then stir till the leeks have softened slightly.
- Add the pumpkin and stock to the pan, bring to the boil, then simmer gently till the pumpkin is tender (20-30 minutes).
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the coriander and cream. Let the mixture cool for about 30 minutes, then using a Russell Hobbs blender, blend at high speed, till it’s really smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pan and heat to serving temperature (don’t let it boil). Taste, adjust the seasoning, and serve with crusty bread.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)