Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Ignite your taste buds with this Firecracker Soup which is perfect for those cold nights!
- 250-300g parsnips – approx. 4/5 parsnips
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 600ml vegetable stock, hot
- 100ml double cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Serves 4)
- Peel and finely slice the parsnips. Heat the oil in a medium sized deep pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 4-5 minutes without browning the onions. Add the butter, once it has melted stir in the curry powder and then cook for a further minute.
- Add the parsnips and seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the hot stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for approx. 20 minutes until the parsnips are soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream. Allow to cool slightly.
- Using a jug blender, process the mixture in batches until it is smooth.
- To serve, bring the blended soup back to the boil in a pan and garnish with some parsnip crisps and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)